Sign up to the 1st PROSPECT+ webinar on finding funds for your project with reduced dependence on subsidiesOn 15th Dec 2021
Are you looking for financing for your city’s or region’s investments in sustainable energy and low-emission transport? Then join us on the 11th of January 2022 at our new webinar “How can local and regional authorities meet their climate and energy goals with reduced dependence on subsidies: support through PROSPECT+”.
We will discuss how to find funds for projects when subsidies are limited and have their downsides: we will give you an overview of the innovative financing instruments available to local authorities across Europe, showcase best practice examples and explain how you can benefit from this free capacity-building programme we offer. You will also have an opportunity to ask about the current call for applications and hear feedback from the participants of the first edition. The presenters will include Adelphi, CINEA, Energy Cities and Eurocities.
Overview of the agenda:
• Major challenges for local and regional authorities across Europe to access financing for investments in sustainable energy and mobility, resulting from the scale of the necessary climate action.
• How does PROSPECT+ support local and regional authorities across Europe to face these challenges?
• How to secure resources to accelerate investments in sustainable energy and low-emission transport: introduction to innovative financing instruments and how to choose the right one.
• Best practice: examples of projects identified by PROSPECT+ that successfully used the innovative financing instruments.
• How to choose the best way forward? The benefits of getting involved in PROSPECT+ as mentors, mentees and participants of the Community of Practice.
• + time for questions and discussions
Who is this webinar for?
Representatives of local and regional authorities from all Horizon2020 eligible countries, representatives of local and regional energy agencies and everyone interested in the topic of financing local and regional climate action with other-than-subsidies instruments.
What will you learn?
The climate targets are increasingly ambitious and the scale of the challenge faced by local and regional authorities all across Europe requires increased use of other-than-subsidies financing instruments for investments in sustainable energy and low-emission mobility.
The webinar will introduce you to the variety of innovative financing instruments and the opportunities to get an in-depth understanding of their practical use through best-practice exchange with peers across Europe under a capacity-building project PROSPECT+.
You will also learn about the latest opportunity to join the project as a mentee (we accept applications between the 10th of January and the 28th of January 2022).
Between 2017 and 2020, the EU-funded project PROSPECT brought together almost 200 local and regional authorities to share experience in innovative financing instruments for their sustainable energy and climate actions. It built upon successful innovative financing schemes implemented in 31 cities and regions, who acted as mentors in the PROSPECT learning journey that included a series of meetings and study visits for each group. Participants came from 29 European countries and exchanged knowledge on 18 innovative financing schemes.
Built on this success and the many lessons learned, the H2020 project PROSPECT+ (“From learning to action!”) has recently launched a new capacity-building programme for local and regional authorities. The programme focuses on innovative financing for energy and climate action with a strong focus on the crucial aspects of capacity building, decision-making and replication processes.
When: the 11th of January 2022, 10:00 - 11:50
Registration: through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/225860453697
Agenda: download PDF
Platform: MS Teams